Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 18033 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
Certain components do not load up in the Component Store in Visual Studio.
After clicking on a component (see screenshot 1), the component details screen briefly flashes for a fraction of a second then the "Unable to connect to the component store." error shows up (screenshot 2). Clicking through the error bar up top and clicking 'Allow blocked content.....' only makes the error bar go away, but the components subsequently still don't load.
This seems to only be happening for certain components and not others.
- happens for Google Play Services, Azure Mobile Services, ActionAlert
- doesn't happen for RestSharp, JSON.Net, ModernHttpClient
What is special about these components and is there certain configuration that needs to be set up for them?
NOTE: All external web requests go through a proxy here internally, if that's of any relevance.
Created attachment 6161 [details]
Step 1 - View component list
Created attachment 6162 [details]
Step 2 - Click on one of the components in the component list
I have checked this issue and able to added "Google Play Services, Azure Mobile Services" Refer screen cast: http://screencast.com/t/NyjCYrjm
Please recheck at this issue and let us know if still facing same issue.
X iOS: 1.10.39
Yes it is still having the same issue. This is preventing us from moving forward on our project (cannot get required Google Play Services library).
The environment used:
- Windows 7
- Visual Studio 2013
- Xamarin.Android 4.10.02014
- Xamarin.iOS 1.10.39
We will still need to investigate this further, but for now I want to make sure you can work around this issue and use the components.
you should be able to work around this by downloading the components directly from the component store (using a browser), and adding the included assemblies as a reference.
Here's the url for the store:
Is there a log somewhere that we can send you to investigate what thee cause of this is?
I have checked this issue with adding components 'Azure Mobile Services' and 'Action Alert' and observed same issue as described in comment (0), getting "Unable to connect to the component store." error.
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013
Version 12.0.31101.00 Update 4
Microsoft .NET Framework
Xamarin 3.11.785.0 (d8dbdd9)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.Android 220.127.116.11 (17843e3350f88de6656e39ce5dd379eb191d140d)
Visual Studio plugin to enable development for Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.Forms Intellisense 1.0
Provides intellisense for Xamarin.Forms in the XML editor.
Xamarin.iOS 18.104.22.168 (c57a2c7d806a18cc56c1f9f3aaf91cb17b791d02)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.
@Marcel, are you behind an authenticating proxy server. I am about to log a bug stating that the Component can not be downloaded by VS2015 when I am connected through an authenticating proxy.
Created attachment 12681 [details]
Internet Options that resolved the issue
I got the same problem and resolved by going to Internet Explorer -> Internet Options -> Advanced and under the security settings checked: Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2.
I am facing the same problem. I am using a special company proxy for my development tools (like VS). So i use a "<proxy
proxyaddress="http://compproxy:3128" bypassonlocal="true" />proxy" directive in devcon.exe.config.
When trying to install some components (like azure messaging) via AddComponent in Visual Studio the process silently fails (i can search for a component, but hitting the add button just closes the window and does nothing).
When i open a project which already includes a component reference to one of these components (f.e. the Xamarin Evolve project) i get an error on the component, saying that adding the component failed because "ServicePointManager does not support the https scheme".
If the Xamarin plugin can not correctly handle the proxy settings(http/https) for Visual Studio (in devcon.exe.config) it would probably be the best, if the proxy settings can be configured independently (like this has to be done for nuget).
@Jose's workaround does not work for me, as i am using a different proxy for my development tools (like VS, Eclipse etc.).