Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Reported on behalf of a user.
## Already fixed in master?
I believe this behavior is already fixed in the latest wrench builds of xamarinvs-master. In fact the whole installation procedure runs delightfully quickly in the version from master. Very nice!
I'll just file this bug for completeness, and to double-check that this is no longer an issue in xamarinvs-master.
Feel free to close this right away!
## Steps to reproduce
1. Boot a fresh Windows system that has at least two versions of Visual Studio installed.
2. Open the Task Manager, and sort the processes by name.
2. Run the Xamarin.Android installer.
3. On the "Custom Setup" screen, pick "Entire feature will be unavailable" for all but one of the installed VS versions. That is, leave only one "Xamarin for VS 201*" entry set to "Will be installed to local hard drive".
4. Proceed to install Xamarin.Android.
Near the end of the installation procedure, each of the installed versions of `devenv.exe` can be observed to run for a while in the Task Manager.
## Expected result
Only the `devenv.exe` corresponding to the "Xamarin for VS" version that was marked "Will be installed to local hard drive" needs to run.
It is indeed fixed in master and will be part of the 1.12 release :)