Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Using VS 2013
VS iOS 1.8.63
Plugin doesn't understand that code has been changed. I need to clean/rebuild to push changes
Solution->Properties->Build is ok (selected)
Today we have tried to reproduce this issue but we are unable to reproduce.
We have tried it via following steps :
1. Create an iOS Project in VS
2. Deploy it on simulator
3. Stop debugging
4. Make changes in MyViewController.cs file
5. Save changes (Ctrl + S)
6. Again debug on simulator
Then observed that it display the changes on simulator made in MyViewController.cs file.
Could you please correct our steps, if we have followed wrong steps to reproduce this issue?
I would really like to know what's different, this never happened before.
The only thing that I recently changed is to use VS2013 and move all files to local PC hard disk instead of them being on the Mac. Funny that on the Mac the opposite happens: it always rebuilds even if it's not changed.
Since I have no repro steps beyond that, I have no idea. It doesn't happen very often
The plugin doesn't involve itself in detecting code changes. It's all in the hands of VS - it's the IDE which performs the managed build. The extension kicks in only when deployment is requested *after* the managed build is done.
Clean your project directory througly - remove all the bin/, obj/ directories, get rid of all the *.suo files
Done, no change