Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Mostly just an informational enhancement request, in case any other users hit this issue.
Attempting to build an AdHoc IPA via the "Build -> Build AdHoc IPA" menu command works well if you follow these steps:
1. Clean the project.
2. Set the configuration to Ad-Hoc, and the platform to "iPhone" in the configuration manager.
3. Compile the project using either "Build -> Build Solution", or "Build -> Build ProjectName"
4. Select the "Build -> Build AdHoc IPA" menu item
## If you omit step #3
- On Xamarin.iOS 1.8 you will see "Remote build finished..." in the "Mac Server Log"
- On Xamarin.iOS 1.10, a nice improvement is that you will now see "Remote Build Error" in the Error List, and the following additional information in the "Mac Server Log" (under "Debug -> Windows -> Output" in Visual Studio):
> Project "Empty1.csproj" (_RemoteBuild target(s)):
> Could not copy the file "C:\Users\username\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Empty1\Empty1\bin\iPhone\Ad-Hoc\Empty1.exe" because it was not found.
> Done building project "Empty1.csproj" -- FAILED.
> Mono.IOS.VisualStudio.MonoTouchPackage Error: 0 : Xamarin.iOS encountered the following error(s):
> System.Exception: Remote Build Error while Building Adhoc IPA (Generic)
> A build error occured on the build server while attempting to create an IPA for your application.
> Please check the Mac Server Log for details.
## Possible further enhancements
1. Allow the "Build AdHoc IPA" command to perform step #3 automatically.
2. Provide a special case of the "Could not copy the file" error for the "Build AdHoc IPA" command. This error could mention that the error might be solved by building the solution before running "Build AdHoc IPA".
As per Bug 22381 Now feature has changed and user can create IPA file using
Build->Build Project. and then can see IPA file on build host using 'Show IPA
file in Build Server' from iOS Toolbar.
I have checked this thing and getting same behavior when configuration is set
to Ad-hoc and build the project using Build->Build project, It creates IPA file on build host and user is able to see IPA file using 'Show IPA file in Build Host' icon from iOS Toolbar.
I have check it with following builds:
Hence closing this Issue now.