Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I am able to build the application and code sign ok, but when I check the embedded.mobileprovision file inside the .ipa, it shows an older version of the correct provisioning profile. I've deleted all the old versions of the provisioning profile using the iPhone Configuration Utility and also deleting them from the folder ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles and yet it still has an old version embedded. I've even cleaned out the entire provisioning profile folder and only had a single (and current) provisioning profile, yet it still seems to embed an older version.
Note that when the provisioning profile folder is empty, Studio can not see a valid provisioning profile, but when I install the new one (and verify that it is the current one using TextEdit) and rebuild, the embedded provisioning profile is still an older version.
Fixed in the upcoming 4.2.3
Not 100% sure, but I seemed to have fixed it by deleting the obj directory before rebuilding.