Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Description of Problem:
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Updated today on PC (asked me to download v1.8)
2. Installed, bound to Mac
3. Opened existing app
4. Added a new portable library
5. At some time I was asked to update the SDK
6. Did that (VS 2013 was closed without asking me)
7. Now my Xamarin add in does not load anymore
8. Copied complete project to MAC
9. Tried to open in Xamarin Studio
10. Portable library load failed - Unknown ToolsVersion '12.0'
No development possible anymore
How often does this happen?
Today I have tried to reproduce this issue via following steps :
1. Create new iOS Project "abc" in VS 2013
2. Add a PCL project in it
3. Sync SDK (VS close)
4. Open VS and open same sample(abc)
Observed that project loaded successfully with PCL project. And I can also able to open it in XS on mac.
We are not able to reproduce this issue.
Could you please provide us some sample? So that we can reproduce this issue.
Note : Please correct me if I am doing something wrong to reproduce this issue.
The PCL projects are now obsolete and superceded by .NET standard. We're resolving this bug, but please let us know if you experience any issues with projects in the latest Xamarin Studio.