Bug 15944 - Need more complete bindings for SecKeyChain in MonoMac.Security
Summary: Need more complete bindings for SecKeyChain in MonoMac.Security
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin.Mac
Classification: Desktop
Component: Library (Xamarin.Mac.dll) ()
Version: 1.6.19
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: 2.0.x
Assignee: Timothy Risi
Depends on:
Reported: 2013-11-05 14:51 UTC by Jeffrey Stedfast
Modified: 2015-03-05 03:01 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Jeffrey Stedfast 2013-11-05 14:51:38 UTC
Right now, it appears that I can really only query for InternetPasswords, but I need access to SecKeys, SecIdentity, and SecCertificates.

Also, technically, SecKeyChain should be an instance class because you can use SecKeychainCreate() and SecKeychainDelete() to create and delete keychains.

This becomes important because some of the Security APIs take a handle to the keychain as well.
Comment 1 Jeffrey Stedfast 2014-05-09 06:59:47 UTC
Since I just noticed someone else is interested in this, this is some work I've done to manually bind these APIs that I started working on for my project (until I gave up and decided not to use Apple's keychain):


I'm not sure how correct some of it is as I never tested some of it (a lot of it has been tested because the code was more-or-less lifted from code Michael and I wrote for MonoDevelop, but there's a fair bit of new stuff as well).
Comment 2 Miguel de Icaza [MSFT] 2014-12-03 15:12:39 UTC

Can you provide more color as to what things we need?
Comment 3 Chris Hamons 2014-12-03 15:43:59 UTC
Sebastian added a bunch of that stuff recently as well. Check out master and see what's missing.
Comment 4 Jeffrey Stedfast 2014-12-03 15:55:07 UTC
Looks pretty comprehensive and I don't see anything obvious missing. Will be hard to know for sure until I try to port monodevelop and md-addins over to using Xamarin.Mac's keychain APIs to do certificate lookups, but from what I can tell it looks like everything I need is covered.
Comment 5 Chris Hamons 2014-12-03 15:59:41 UTC
I will close for now then. Feel free to poke on #mac or open another bug as needed.
Comment 6 Rajneesh Kumar 2015-03-05 03:01:45 UTC
As per comment 4 it looks like that this issue is fixed and working fine, and everything I need is covered, also in comment 5 Chris confirmed for the same.

So as of now I am closing this issue, if any one face this issue so feel free to reopen it again or file separate bug for the same .