Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
[Condition: user is logged in with valid account]
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open VS.
2. Create android application.
3. Build the application.
4. Observe that application build successfully.
5. Now remove the correct monoandroid.licx file from %PROGRAMDATA%\Mono for Android\License\monoandroid.licx
6. Add invalid license on same location using touch %PROGRAMDATA%\Mono for Android\License\monoandroid.licx
7. Close the opened file from VS.
8. Open or create android application but don't reopen VS.
9. Build the application.
Actual Result: When license is INVALID on disk user build the android application we are getting two build errors:
1. Invalid license. Please reactivate Xamarin.Android
2. Unable to determine license edition.
Expected Result: If license is INVALID on disk and user build the android application either:
When logged in, user should activated with the license you have OR when logged out, should prompt for login
IDE log: https://gist.github.com/saurabh360/3a44ce968d5781e3beb8
Today we have checked this issue. This issue also exist with following builds :
VS 2013 / 2012
It looks like you're creating an invalid license with VS running, which is an edge case we should handle but not with high priority.
Also, the license does properly sync here if you restart VS here though, so I'm setting this to be lower priority.
I have checked this issue with latest stable builds XVS 3.11.666 and observe that as soon as we reload the project, it replace the invalid license file with valid license file of logged in account.
So I am closing this issue.