Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 4956 [details]
Screen grab of multi-Mono solution deployment issue
Description of Problem:
When trying to run a solution in a Mono Emulator and there is more than one Mono Emulator running (see images in attached), Xamarin Studio gets 'confused'.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Start two (or more) Mono Emulators of the SAME version
2. Run a solution in the Mono Emulator
Xamarin Studio fail to find or install the solution in the Mono Emulator
1. warn the user/developer of a multi-Mono Emulator issue, and advise to exit all but one Mono Emulators
2. allow the user/developer to chose one of the Mono Emulators that is running.
How often does this happen?
If the Mono Emulators are of different versions, this problem does not exist.
If you hit the Refresh button in the Select Device dialog and wait a bit (a few seconds), it should refresh and selectable devices will be rendered in a black font instead of gray. Selecting a target with a black font should work.
Could you please provide the AndroidTools log files? They're located at:
Couple of minor clarifications -
* Refreshing the list is not normally necessary, only when ADB (Android Debug Bridge) stops responding.
* If the list were updated, XS would not allow you to launch multiple instances of each emulator.
* The Android emulator does not normally allow running multiple instances of the same emulator. I don't know whether they removed this requirement recently or if it's just buggy.
Closing, no response. Additionally, there has been significant changes in the integration with XS and the google emulators. If you are having specific issues with emulators please log another bug and provide the android logs as noted above.