Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Start Debugging an iOS project on a available build machine. iOS simulator opens on the MAC and the program runs. Activity monitor shows an MtbServer process running on the mac. After less than a minute i get from the Mac Server Log:
[2013-08-15 15:49:22.5] Command [DebugApplication: CommmandUrl=DebugApplication] finished (13)
[2013-08-15 15:49:22.5] Handling with command: [ChangeActiveApplication: CommmandUrl=ChangeActiveApplication] (11)
[2013-08-15 15:49:22.5] Attempting to acquire command execution lock, timeout set to 00:10:00
[2013-08-15 15:49:22.5] Command [ChangeActiveApplication: CommmandUrl=ChangeActiveApplication] finished (11)
[2013-08-15 15:50:17.6] mtbserver: No KEEPALIVE command, exiting...
Now no mtbserver process is showing in Activity Monitor.
I refresh the connection and get:
[2013-08-15 15:52:15.5] ERROR: Another instance is running
[2013-08-15 15:52:16.0] ERROR: Another instance is running
and one mtbserver process arrives on the MAC Activity Monitor and i am unable to Debug again.
The mtbserver exited making it incredibly time consuming to Work with VS and iOS
To make a connection to the build machine and hold onto it until i close it.
We are aware of this issue. As a temporary work around could you try
going to Tools-> Options -> Xamarin -> iOS -> Configure and selecting the host again, which shuold then re-establish a connection to the build machine. This should hopefully be slightly less hassle, while we fix it.
I believe a fix for this has been implemented, as I am unable to reproduce this issue. This fix should be included when we release 1.6.x -- ideally by the end of the month.