Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I have installed MfA via the new installer and ran MD, and created a new project.
Since I have never used Android SDK at c:\Program Files*\, MfA fails to determine appropriate platform profile and resulted in missing Mono.Android.dll, I tried to switch the SDK to c:\android-sdk-windows which should be a sane operation. But it does not actually set the value and returns the path under c:\Program Files*\.
Actually this reproduces on VS2010 too.
regedit to workaround: In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xamarin\MonoAndroid, remove PrivateAndroidSdkPath and PrivateAndroidSdkVersion.
It's fixed last year.