Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
We're getting the following GdkPixbuf-Criticals ahppening during icon compositing.
ERROR [2013-07-10 20:26:59Z]: GdkPixbuf-Critical: gdk_pixbuf_composite: assertion `dest_x >= 0 && dest_x + dest_width <= dest->width' failed
at Gdk.Pixbuf.gdk_pixbuf_composite(IntPtr , IntPtr , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 , Int32 , Double , Double , Double , Double , Int32 , Int32 )
at Gdk.Pixbuf.Composite(Gdk.Pixbuf dest, Int32 dest_x, Int32 dest_y, Int32
dest_width, Int32 dest_height, Double offset_x, Double offset_y, Double
scale_x, Double scale_y, InterpType interp_type, Int32 overall_alpha) in /Users/michael/Mono/bockbuild/profiles/monodevelop-mac-dev/build-root/gtk-sharp-2-12-branch/gdk/generated/Pixbuf.cs:line 283
at MonoDevelop.Ide.ImageService.MergeIcons(Gdk.Pixbuf icon1, Gdk.Pixbuf
icon2) in /Users/michael/Mono/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide/ImageService.cs:line 196
at MonoDevelop.Ide.ImageService.MergeIcons(Gdk.Pixbuf icon1, Gdk.Pixbuf icon2) in /Users/michael/Mono/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide/ImageService.cs:line 206
at MonoDevelop.Ide.ImageService.GetComposedIcon(System.String ids, IconSize size) in /Users/michael/Mono/monodevelop/main/src/core/MonoDevelop.Ide/MonoDevelop.Ide/ImageService.cs:line 659
After some debugging, I found out it's because gtk_icon_set_render_icon is returning a pixbuf that HAS a 2x variant but the 2x variant is the SAME size as the normal variant. So we find it has a 2x variant, and try to composite that with another icon, and the sizes don't match.
I disabled all hi-res icon management code for now. We'll use a different approach.
We still need to render stock icons when we register composed stock icons.
Not happening anymore.