Bug 13125 - Storyboard editor killing view controllers
Summary: Storyboard editor killing view controllers
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: iOS Designer ()
Version: 4.1
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: master
Assignee: Jérémie Laval
Depends on:
Reported: 2013-07-09 11:04 UTC by Matt Mutz
Modified: 2013-07-17 12:28 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description Matt Mutz 2013-07-09 11:04:04 UTC
Open a storyboard in Xcode Interface Builder, add a view controller. Name it, give it an ID. Save it. Close Xcode. Open the same storyboard in Xamarin Storyboard Editor. Go to that view controller, click on the UIView that was automatically put on the VC. Under Identity, give it a name. Save. 

Xamarin Studio somehow "deletes" that view controller. It will be there in Xcode editor, but you can't get at it programmatically, and it will disappear from the storyboard in Xamarin Studio.

I was able to reproduce this effect twice. I'm on Xamarin Studio build 117
Comment 1 Matt Mutz 2013-07-17 12:28:17 UTC
I changed this one to closed. After looking more closely at what I was doing that kept causing this to "break" - I realized it was my own fault. There was no "newbie" status so I picked Invalid :-)