Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open an IOS app project which contains Xib file, such as monotouch_sample/HelloWorld_iPhone.
2. Open the Xib file with XCode Interface Builder, HelloWorld_iPhoneViewController.xib for example.
3. Open the related C# code in Xamarin Studio, HelloWorld_iPhoneViewController.cs for example.
4. Change .h file to create some syntax error in C# code and save this change, such as change an outlet's name. In our case, change "btnClickMe" to "button" in HelloWorld_iPhoneViewController.h.
5. After Xamarin Studio automatically synchronizes the changes in the .h file, observe the code in the text editor in Xamarin Studio, in our case observe the HelloWorld_iPhoneViewController.cs
Actual: The Syntax Highlighting did not automatically update. In our case, the "btnClickMe.TouchUpInside" should be highlighted as red because there is no outlet named btnClickMe since we have already changed the name.
Expected: The Syntax Highlighting should be automatically updated after synchronized the changes of an Xib file.
The sync should issue a document.reparse on the open files.
Could be related to another error where the type system service wasn't informed correctly after a sync.
This should already be fixed in git master
I have checked this issue with following builds:
X.S 4.2.3(build 146)
I am getting semantic highlighting. this is the screencast for the same: http://screencast.com/t/iQbJoe5pvu