Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
NullReferenceException is thrown when tried to run code from VS2010.
Steps to recreate:
1) Opened VS 2010
2) Selected New Project -> Android -> Android Application project template
3) After opening the project selected Debug option with virtual device as Nexus One (Pre-configured using Emulator manager) in device
4) Selected run option to test application
5) Application build succeeded and while deploying package got error as “Deploy Error” with more details options.
6) After selecting more details, got following exceptions details.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Mono.VisualStudio.Extension.StatusBarHelper.SetText(String text)
at Mono.Android.VisualStudio.MonoAndroidDeploySession.ShowProgressText(String text, CancellationToken token)
at Mono.Android.VisualStudio.MonoAndroidDeploySession.BuildAndSignPackage(CancellationToken token)
at Mono.Android.VisualStudio.MonoAndroidDeploySession.DeployApplication(AndroidDevice device, CancellationToken token)
Xamarin.Android 4.6.04000 (03814ac5)
Visual Studio plugin to enable development for Xamarin.Android.
This should be fixed in both iOS and Android.