Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 3883 [details]
Output of xbuild during failed compilation
3.x Builds of Mono do not seem to be able to compile a small(ish) project that I've just started playing with
I'm using the most recent build of mono from github (edc181c514ddc082ce44cde69f2272a12e942b88) on my Arch Linux system (although I'm not using any of Arch Linux's mono packages)
To reproduce run:
$ hg clone https://hg.codeplex.com/boogie
$ cd boogie/Source
$ xbuild /p:TargetFrameworkProfile="" Boogie.sln
I've attached the log of the output of xbuild but the errors that appear are essentially:
BoogieDriver.cs(653,59): error CS0584: Internal compiler error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
BoogieDriver.cs(654,59): error CS0584: Internal compiler error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
BoogieDriver.cs(655,56): error CS0584: Internal compiler error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
This project builds successfully under my distribution's older version of mono (2.10.8 https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/mono/) but does not seem to on the newer mono builds.
The expressions that seem to be causing the trouble are:
I apologise for not being able to produce a better test case. I tried copying portions of the code that I thought was causing the problem to make a test case but that did not reproduce the problem.
Thanks for the bug report.
Fixed in master
Thanks for prompt response. The "Boogie" project now compiles correctly, thanks.