Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
The "Leave the following resource extensions uncompressed" doesn't work.
1. File > New > Solution > Android Application
2. Within the Solution panel, right-click the Project > Options.
3. In the left-hand tree, select the Build > Android Build entry.
4. In the right-hand panel, in the "Leave the following resource extensions uncompressed" textbox, enter "nocompress"'
5. Click OK.
6. Repeat steps (2)-(3). The "Leave the following resource extensions uncompressed" textbox MUST contain the same value as was entered in (4).
Problem: the textbox in (6) is empty.
Problem: after (5), the .csproj _should_ contain:
It does not.
WORKAROUND: hand-edit the .csproj and add a <AndroidStoreUncompressedFileExtensions/> within the first <PropertyGroup/>. <AndroidStoreUncompressedFileExtensions/> is a semicolon-separated list of file extensions.