Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
At the top of Xamarin Studio, there is a drop-down selector for which sim/device to use when debugging. This works fine when changing the selection. However, when closing Xamarin Studio, then opening again, even though the previously selected is shown as selected, it debugs as the first selection in the list.
1. Open Xamarin Studio
2. Open a solution
3. Make sure you have the iPhone 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, and 6.1 sims installed.
4. Change Run With from dropdown to iPhone Simulator 6.1.
5. Run solution and see that the iPhone 6.1 sim is started and the app is deployed.
6. Stop running and close Xamarin Studio.
7. Open Xamarin Studio again, and reopen the previous solution.
8. Notice that the iPhone Simulator 6.1 is still selected in the Run With selection list.
9. Run solution and notice that the iPhone 5.0 sim is started(even the Application Output window states that it is publishing to the 5.0 simulator).
If you go back to the Run With and change the selection, it starts back working.
Xamarin Studio 4.0.3
Mac OS 10.7.5
Xamarin iOS 18.104.22.168
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 11101 ***