Bug 11549 - Missing method System.Configuration.IConfigurationSectionHandler::Create
Summary: Missing method System.Configuration.IConfigurationSectionHandler::Create
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: Class Libraries
Classification: Mono
Component: System.Configuration ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Linux
: --- normal
Target Milestone: Untriaged
Assignee: Bugzilla
Depends on:
Reported: 2013-04-03 09:23 UTC by Sharique Ahmed Farooqui
Modified: 2015-08-16 17:26 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report for Bug 11549 on GitHub or Developer Community if you have new information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.

If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the original description:

  • Export the original title and description: GitHub Markdown or Developer Community HTML
  • Copy the title and description into the new report. Adjust them to be up-to-date if needed.
  • Add your new information.

In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments: GitHub Markdown with public comments

Related Links:

Description Sharique Ahmed Farooqui 2013-04-03 09:23:52 UTC
I'm running OpenSuse 12.3 and Mono 3.0.4.
I'm build a MVC3 app, here I'm reading few settings from we.config. It build successfully, when I run using xsp4, I get following error.

Missing method System.Configuration.IConfigurationSectionHandler::Create(object,object,XmlNode) in assembly /usr/lib/mono/4.0/System.dll, referenced in assembly /usr/lib/mono/4.0/System.Configuration.dll
Exception caught during reading the configuration file:
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Configuration.IConfigurationSectionHandler.Create'.
  at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection (System.String configKey) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection (System.String sectionName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.get_AppSettings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.WebServer.XSP.Server.get_AppSettings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.WebServer.XSP.Server+ApplicationSettings..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Comment 1 Sharique Ahmed Farooqui 2013-04-05 14:30:53 UTC
I think there is something wrong here.
Comment 2 lihalla 2013-04-17 02:36:59 UTC
I've got the same problem and tracked it down to commit a736dee9e1511a0d3ff87ff14fe46459c03dd73b. I've also noticed that when running xsp from MonoDevelop some core libraries are loaded twice (System.dll, System.Web.dll, System.Configuration.dll, ...) - these are copied to local bin directory from GAC although no local copy is required. The workaround is to delete these libraries from project's bin directory and start xsp manually.
Comment 3 Sharique Ahmed Farooqui 2013-04-17 03:44:01 UTC
lihalla, in my case it is not copying (System.dll,
System.Web.dll, System.Configuration.dll, ...) to project bin folder.
Comment 4 Harry 2015-08-16 17:26:04 UTC
bug in newest release of opensuse 13.2 kde!

Change to mono .net2 (but this is downgrading!0

or to gnome instead to kde but still there is a bug

Mathias  2014-02-26 04:49:26 EST 
There is at least workaround for this, until there is an actual release:

ln -s /usr/lib/mono/4.0/mod-mono-server4.exe
ln -s /usr/lib/mono/4.0/xsp4.exe /usr/lib/mono/4.5/xsp4.exe

and edit /usr/bin/mod-mono-server4 and /usr/bin/xsp4, changing the path of the
exe files from /usr/lib/mono/4.0/ to /usr/lib/mono/4.5/


I hope this will help.