Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
AOT compiler step on a project with the ICSharpZipLib referenced will often result in failure. This used to be a sporadic problem, but with the recent update as of 3/19/2012 for Xamarin.iOS, the failure occurs often.
I did try it on a clean and new mac and did not get the error. This may be a project "clean" problem if AOT does incremental updates to the compile target. Will try later on the machine that exhibits this behavior.
There might be different issues but it definitively happens with 6.2.1 when using LLVM.
Confirming that when I disable LLVM and linking, this problem no longer exists. I put it in debug mode and enabled LLVM and linking all, then got the AOT error.
Then I CLEANED the solution, and magically it passed the AOT phase even with LLVM and full link enabled.
Fixed in mobile-master/master.