Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 3619 [details]
I can't reproduce with any of the following devices, in all cases the mac address matched the wifi address.
iPad2 w/GSM iOS 6.1.2
iPad3 iOS 6.0.1
iPhone4 GSM iOS 5.1.1
I'll try iPad4 and iPhone5 tomorrow.
sample works for me too, tested on:
iPad1 3g, iOS 5.1
iPad3 wifi, iOS 6.1.2
iPodTouch 4th, iOS 5.1.1
iPodTouch 5th, iOS 6.0.1
the only change I made was to make it an universal app to test it on the iPods
Same situation like Jonathon bullock.
Cannot get the correct MAC address.
iPhone5, iOS 6.1.2
iPad mini, iOS 6.1.2
only change the target from iPad to universal.
Below is my XS information:
Version 4.0.2 (build 18)
Mono 3.0.7 (master/514fcd7)
Package version: 300070000
Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 4.6.1 (2067)
Version: 126.96.36.199 (Business Edition)
Build date: 2013-08-03 15:54:27-0500
PJ, can someone with QA test this with either (or both) 6.1.2 or 6.3 across several devices ?
and I meant the released versions of 6.2.1.x (not 6.1.2 :-) and 6.3.0.x
Tested with following devices:
Reproduced the error in :
iPhone5 : 6.1.2
The first two digits in mac address retrieved from device by the app and in Settings > General > About didn't match
Xcode Device log: https://gist.github.com/GouriKumari/c20f58adabe2096d00ec
Couldn't reproduce the error in:
I'm also seeing a different first two digits on my iPhone 5.
However, you won't be able to access the Mac address anymore with iOS 7:
If customers need this, then maybe we should implement that new API to get the advertisingIdentifier.
Martin, if you have hardware to duplicate this then please have a look why as it could be a memory corruption and affect other NetworkInfo-like API.
As for `advertisingIdentifier` there's no need to implement it, i.e. it's been available (and implemented) since Apple started offering it (iOS 6.0).
Sure, no problem.
Ok, there's definitely something wrong.
I just tested with this code: https://gist.github.com/Coeur/1409855/raw/a8122cba67b43400b891aa77d100834c1c0c64ef/Get+iOS+MAC+address.m and that's returning the correct address.
Will investigate after lunch.
After some debugging, it turns out that the MAC address actually isn't "wrong".
NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces() returns 4 network interfaces: ap1, en0, en1 and awdl10.
I looked at their MAC addresses and en0 is what you see as "Wi-Fi Address" in Settings General / About. ap1 differs in the first two digits, en1 in the first two and last two. awdl10 is completely different.
This bug was targeted for a past milestone, moving to the next non-hotfix active milestone.
Please update the bug, if the issue still occurs with latest XI and XS builds. Moving the target milestone to "far future".
1. MAC address should not be used, comment #10
2. It was the wrong interface being checked, comment #14