Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 3549 [details]
Screen capture of various situations that do and don't reproduce bug.
Description of Problem:
In some situations, line break added after a collapsed section of C# code is being injected into the now-expanded section.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
0. Enable code folding, if not already.
1. Collapse a section of code.
2. Put cursor on collapsed section line.
3. Go to the end of collapsed section line using the End (Command+Right) or right arrow.
4. Hit enter.
The previously-collapsed section is now expanded and the line break is added prior to the last curly brace.
The line break added at the end of a collapsed section's line of code should be added after the section's last curly brace.
How often does this happen?
It depends on how you get to the end of the collapsed section's line. See attached screen capture video for examples.
* DOES Happens when hitting Command+Right to get to the line end.
* Does NOT happen when getting to the end of the collapsed section from the following line (on following line [in SharpDevelop word break]: Command+Left to get to start of code, Command+Left to get to start of line, left arrow to get to the end of the collapsed section).
* But, it DOES happen when hitting using arrow keys to get to the end of the collapsed line (even coming from following line but going left past the end and coming back)
Happens under MonoDevelop and SharpDevelop word-break modes.
was an interesting bug