Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
This issue summarises couple of potential issues I've found with the new status bar. These issues didn't exist in the 3.x branch of MonoDevelop.
* Vi mode is now using the new status bar and entering anything into it is quite laggy. For example doing :w or / for searching appears couple of seconds after typing it.
* Building status goes into the status bar. It mentions what csproj's are being built. When compiling it puts the CPU usage quite high up. xbuild on the other hand doesn't do it and also builds faster. MD 3.x branch behaved in similar fashion as xbuild and was a lot quicker.
The solution I'm building contains 4 dll's and 6 console projects and I'm running on OSX 10.8 (mountain lion). Tried this on a MBP 15 inch and MBP 17 inch.
@Jason: I fixed the vi mode - I don't think that the new status area is the place to display the vi stuff.
But the speed problem remains.
We've rewritten the status bar ever since and we now use xbuild/msbuild to build projects. Marking bug as fixed.