Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I update Mono for Android Pro and Monotouch Pro to Xamarin Windows.
I try to use Xamarin.iOS for Visual Studio.
But Visual Studio crash at Open Solutionfile.
I create new project from "Empty Project" iOS Template.
When it create, it seem run correctly.
(it can build and run remote Mac and iPhone emulater)
But close the solution and open it again,
VisualStuio tell me "wrong Framework Version and set it Ver.1.0."
and repeat project re-open and crash.
I open .csproj file directly by TextEditor,
it seem append follow line everytime
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64bit)
Visual Studio 2010 Professional SP1
Xamarin for Windows
Mac mini 2GB(MacOS 10.7.5)
Xamarin for Mac
Should be fixed in latest master.
Today , we have checked this issue with following:
Now it is working fine ,Visual studio does not get crashed after running existing Empty ios project. Hence marking this as Verified Fixed.
I am still experiencing this issue, and I am on the latest Beta of Xamarin Android and iOS. What can I do to fix this?
To elaborate on my issue a bit more. I know for sure that this crash is caused by opening Xamarin.iOS .csproj files, and more specifically, if I clear out EVERYTHING from the csproj file except for the top PropertyGroup node, it still crashes. Here is what that node looks like. Notice the TargetFrameworkProfile is empty, and there is not TargetFrameworkVersion node. Visual Studio 2012 adds this as it is opening the file, and then it crashes. Subsequent attempts to open VS2012 also cause it to crash, even when there is nothing else in the project file.
<Configuration Condition=" '$(Configuration)' == '' ">Debug</Configuration>
<Platform Condition=" '$(Platform)' == '' ">iPhoneSimulator</Platform>
In a private comment on this bug, a developer noted that this behavior may have been caused by having an older third party VS for MonoTouch extension installed, in this case VSMonoTouch.
Any chance you have one of those installed?
I looked through the registry and found an instance of VSMonoTouch. Once I removed it from the file system and from the registry and restarted VS2012, the project opens without crashing.
However, VS2012 now does not recognize the iOS project as a valid project. Any ideas why that might be happening? It says that it's incompatible.
So I have to say as the first thing that I can't of course recommend any sort of registry editing, and to always make a backup before editing anything there. It's possible you may have still been able to uninstall the VSMonoTouch extension from VS 'Extensions and Updates' or from Windows' 'Add and Remove Programs'.
That being said, you may also want to try uninstalling and re-installing the Xamarin iOS extension, as the project types get registered during installation.
If that does not work, I would restore your registry to the backup you took (hopefully) and uninstall through the regular channels, then try installing our VS extension again.
Hopefully we can get you up and running! If all else fails I would also send a mail over to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be able to do a more in-depth look at what might still be the problem after the steps described above.
It might also be necessary to open the Visual Studio 2012 prompt as administrator and run:
after removing the add-in. It is also recommended that you reinstall both Xamarin extensions after the above step is completed.
Thanks, that seems to have worked for me! Thank you so much for the help!!