Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
If the user fails to activate one or more times due to a lack of workstations, and then successfully completes an activation in the same VS instance, they are shown an Activation Incomplete error as well as an Upgrade Successful dialog.
This happens with both X.iOS for VS and X.A for VS, in VS2010 and VS2012.
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Ensure there is no license on disk.
2) Log into the following account:
3) Open or create a new X.iOS or X.A project; activation should fail and project should be unloaded.
4) Log out of this account, and into an account with a valid activation code with workstations.
5) Reload the project that was previously unloaded.
6) User is shown upgrade successful dialog and Xamarin.iOS activation incomplete error.
VS2010 & VS2012
X.iOS 1.0.890 (1e232f00)
X.A 4.6.00043 (a3d43dc7)
What is the expected behaviour in this scenario?
Any scenario that ultimately results in a successful activation should only display one activation succeeded window, and prompt for a restart of VS.
Hi Peter, I tried to reproduce this over the week-end and again this morning and it behaves correctly. Namely When logged into firstname.lastname@example.org I get the error that all licenses are in use, then when I relogged back in with email@example.com, it just displayed the activation dialog and restarted without any other messages.
Could you please retest with latest from wrench.
I have retested with the current HEADs of master, and I am seeing different behavior for android and iOS cases. However, both cases still fail as described using the steps listed in the description.
With Xamarin Android, after first failing and then successfully activating, the user is *not* prompted to restart, and the user is continuously shown the "Activation Code in use" window even when they have a valid license on disk . In this case, it looks like the IDE does not recognize that a successful activation has occurred, and refuses to load an android project until the user manually restarts VS.
With iOS for VS, after first failing and then successfully activating, the user *is* prompted to restart their visual studio instance, but they are also shown the "Activation Code in use" at the same time . In this case, the IDE does recognize that the user has successfully activated, and prompts for a restart of the IDE; however the user is *still* shown the activation code in use error window on successful activation.
: XA: http://screencast.com/t/pso0InacfV
: XIVS: http://screencast.com/t/bxEq0IJz
VS2010 and VS2012
XIVS (master - 3bac7b36)
XA (master - e7390022)
I'll have to look at your screencasts and try again.
A more robust check should be performed in this commit - https://github.com/xamarin/XamarinVS/commit/562bb2a297a709d5613ee8729778689fc0eb41e2
Today, We have checked this issue with following builds:
With MFA after user login with valid license having workstation available on ide, it doesn't prompt to restart, and the user is continuously shown the
"Activation Code in use" window even when they have a valid license on disk.
here is the screencast for the same: http://screencast.com/t/RfGHkllocnv
With ios after user login with valid license having workstation available on ide, it prompts to restart VS with OK button, after restarting VS when we again try to reload the project then project loads successfully without any error message.
As per our understanding its working fine for ios, But issue is still exists for MFA.
Hence reopening this issue w.r.t MFA.
Ok, this isn't a blocker, we'll get this for 4.8.x.
This bug was targeted for a past milestone, moving to the next active non-hotfix milestone.
Not an activation service bug.
Now feature has been closed. Hence closing this issue.