Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
On Windows 7, using .NET to run MonoDevelop
(1) Start new console project in MD
(2) Add reference to System.Windows.Forms
(3) Go to the using section and type "using System." and trigger autocomplete... Windows.Forms will not be in the list.
(4) Try typing out "using System.Windows.Forms;" without autocomplete help. The "Windows.Forms" part will be highlighted red. It will build properly, but still be highlighted red.
(5) Close and reopen solution (don't even need to restart MD). Autocompleting the namespace and the highlighting will work as expected.
Did you enable the experimental xbuild/msbuild build engine?
Sorry, yes, XBuild/MSBuild must be enabled to trigger the bug.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1077 ***