Bug 10241 - App crashes on OS X 10.6 “Failed to load Machine.config”
Summary: App crashes on OS X 10.6 “Failed to load Machine.config”
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin.Mac
Classification: Desktop
Component: Library (Xamarin.Mac.dll) ()
Version: 1.0.x
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
Depends on:
Reported: 2013-02-12 10:55 UTC by BraCa
Modified: 2013-02-13 09:43 UTC (History)
0 users

Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.

Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:

Description BraCa 2013-02-12 10:55:12 UTC

I've been using MonoMac in one of my projects and yesterday I moved to Xamarin.mac...

The .app that I have built works fine in OSX 10.8 but one of our users reported that it's not working in OSX 10.6.2, while previous versions that used MonoMac are working just fine..

Don't know what's causing this, since everything was working fine when I was using MonoMac..

This is the error that we've from the OSX 10.6.2 user is:
2/12/13 9:23:14 PM iFMRTE[433] Failed to load machine.config 
2/12/13 9:23:14 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[133] ([0x0-0x57057].com.braca.iFMRTE[433]) Exited with exit code: 1

MonoDevelop Info:
MonoDevelop 3.1.1
Installation UUID: 3c674158-552a-414f-850b-392456eaba4d
    Mono 2.10.9 (tarball)
    GTK 2.24.10
    GTK# (
    Package version: 210090011
Apple Developer Tools:
     Xcode 4.6 (2066)
     Build 4H127
Xamarin.Mac: 1.0.11
Mono for Android: Not Installed

Build information:
    Release ID: 30101000
    Git revision: 5d928ec4f9d5864b4db04a1301b8a8649b43fb9d
    Build date: 2012-12-14 19:11:30+0000
    Xamarin addins: 80f2dcc8fe4ed316b3e77dde496fc33d90305047
Operating System:
    Mac OS X 10.8.2
    Darwin BraCa.local 12.2.1 Darwin Kernel Version 12.2.1
        Thu Oct 18 16:32:48 PDT 2012
        root:xnu-2050.20.9~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

I found a similar issue reported in Stackoverflow(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13918401/my-app-fails-on-os-x-10-6-failed-to-load-machine-config), the user says that his problem was fixed in Xamarin.mac 1.0.19, but I don't know if the problem was really the same, neither how did he got access to the 1.0.19 version of Xamarin.

Comment 1 BraCa 2013-02-13 09:43:17 UTC
I've got access to Xamarin.mac 1.0.19 and the problem is fixed.